We have some great opportunities to join a team that promotes collaboration as well as personal and professional development. We’re looking to fill these positions in our Atlanta, GA office:
Business Process Consultant
Come grow your career with Ascent Consulting. We have a unique opportunity for an individual who is looking to making a difference for our customers. With Ascent Consulting, you will have the opportunity to develop professionally and make yourself more valuable to our clients. We are looking for a Business Process Consultant who will assist the Ascent Consulting team with researching and analyzing the processes and systems that our customers currently have or wish to implement. Once the as-is assessment is complete, you will help in making recommendations and implementing solutions to improve the client’s processes, practices and overall efficiency in the to-be future state.
- Collaborate with Ascent team to administer as-is interviews with clients and author assessment of recommendations
- Once to-be is agreed upon with client, work with client to define and author business requirements and scope functionality/practices for delivery based on business priorities with an understanding and consideration of processes, systems and data interdependencies
- Deliver on to-be recommendations for process improvements and system enhancements/implementations
- Play a lead role with project management by managing client engagement plan and staffing; providing regular status reports and issue tracking for the client, while supervising project team as applicable
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an external consulting role at equivalent level with a big four consulting firm or comparable local consulting company
- Minimum of 2 years of requirements gathering and design, including process mapping and gap analysis
- Ability to support both client sales efforts and project delivery
- Excellent leadership, management, and relationship building skills
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team with a collaborative mindset
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to remain flexible to handle unexpected challenges
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Bonus points if:
- You’ve already worked in or have had exposure to the construction industry
- You can show us examples of how you creatively and analytically approach problems and how you solve them —from brainstorming through planning and getting it done
- You’re super clear when you write and speak, and you’ve got great interpersonal skills
- You’ve administered and implemented on As-Is/To-Be strategy assessments
- You have relevant work experience in organizational design, talent management or change management consulting
- Understand small business basics (payroll, taxes, budgeting, cash flow, etc.
- You’re not afraid of having fun & cursing like a sailor
We’re looking for a top performer to add to our growing organization. This position allows for a semi-flexible work schedule and provides a base salary + project bonuses. This is a fun and creative work environment.
Be sure to include a cover letter and tell us why you think you’ve got what it takes to be a part of our team.
Candidate will work as part of a team, reporting to the Senior Consultant for each project, working with a variety of Contractors and Construction companies to help them solve business and operational challenges.
What we need you to do:
- Attend consultation meetings with clients, take notes, provide support for our consultants
- Maintain and update project schedules, stay on top of all deadlines
- Update project calendars on a regular basis and notify involved parties of changes.
- Design and build documentation (reports, manuals, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.)
- Manage client deliverables, attend meetings, webinars, and training sessions
- Follow up and following through on all action items
- Organize, organize, organize!
- Fresh, energetic and enthusiastic personality, positive attitude
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A sense of urgency and the ability to be flexible
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to handle a direct style of communication without oversensitivity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Communications, Construction Management)
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Mac OSX)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Extremely organized, know how to prioritize and have an eye for detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, ability to work independently and able to manage several projects/tasks with ease and poise.
- Possess superb integrity and professionalism
- Act proactively to meet clients’ needs
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability to pass a drug screen and a criminal background check
- Have reliable transportation
- Ability to travel overnight for client meetings
Nice to have:
- Consulting business experience
- Commercial & industrial construction experience
- Construction management and estimating software experience
- Business development and sales experience
- Progressive organization
- Company phone & laptop
- Growth opportunities
- Continuing Education and tuition assistance available
Job Type: Full-time, contract-to-hire
Required Experience: Administrative: 5+ years, MS Office Suite: 3+ years
Required Education: Associates degree
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume below.